Search engine optimization is a process of making your website pages search engine friendly so that search engines are easier to understand and analyze your website. Thus, your site has a better chance to gain high ranking. However, please be remind that search engine ranking is not your objective, and your objective should be clear to website traffic and conversion.
The following suggestion will help you to achieve the objectives.
1. Make Sure Your Site Will Not Be penalize Webmasters understand the consequence of top search engine rankings. Therefore, they do many SEO activities for their sites. But, inappropriate implementation of search engine optimization can get your site heavily penalized by search engines. To avoid your website being penalized, webmasters must not commit to the following practices: Use of hidden texts or hidden links on web pages. Use of cloaking Excessive programmed queries to search engines like Google Web pages loaded with irrelevant words Keyword stuffing Multiple pages, sub-domains, domains with substantially duplicate content
2. Select Correct Keyword Phrases Correct keyword phrases allow you to drive targeted visitors to your website. Hence, this step determines whether your search engine optimization effort can improve business result or not. Do not control yourself and be open minded in this area. You may consider that most of the search is coming from 2 word keyword. But, it is wrong. Most people use 3-4 keyword phrases because they are more descriptive and yield precise results from search engines.
3. Optimize Title and Meta Tags According to Internet Marketing, One of the most important steps in search engine optimization is to optimize the Title tag of your web page. Keep in mind, title tag is the most important location of a web page after the main content of the body tag. Almost all search engines give importance to this tag.
4. Optimize Website Content All search engines place importance on your body text content. The most important content of your web page should contain the keyword a large number of times to make the search engine spiders feel that the content is appropriate to the search inquiry. To avoid your site from being regarded as “over optimization”, you should not stuff keywords heavily in your body content. We recommend you that present the keywords in a natural way. Apart from this, your website copy should have at least 200-300 words.
5. Ensure Clean Coding To allow search engines to index and analyze your website correctly, you must make sure that the HTML coding is done manually correct. HTML editors such as Microsoft FrontPage 2003, but these HTML editors may leave some duplicated or unnecessary tags in your copy especially when you edit the pages very often during web design phase. However, search engines are not good at consider the Java Applet and Flash. If you have Flash or Java applet navigation menu, make sure to duplicate somewhere and include HTML links as well. Please check whether your website has broken links. They may stop search engine spiders to crawl other web pages in your website; it may result in loss of hundreds or thousands website traffic per month, and waste your search engine optimization effort.
6. Link Building If you have knowledge about search engine optimization, you probably know that link popularity is very important to achieve high ranking in major search engines such as Google, MSN, Yahoo, etc.
Search engines use link analysis to determine search engine rankings. The idea is that if an inbound link points to your site, your site must have some valuable links. Therefore, the inbound link is important to your website. The new inbound link you have, the higher is your link popularity. This can boost your search engine ranking. On the other hand, value of links is also important. If you can get an inbound link from a high popularity website, your site will get more benefit. There are so many methods to make link building with one-way link, reciprocal links, 3-way links, etc. Because link popularity and link reputation are of great importance to search engine positions, many search engine optimizer spend most of their time in link building. Search engine optimization is a process of making your website pages search engine friendly so that search engines are easier to understand and analyze your website. Thus, your site has a better chance to gain high ranking’, ‘Search Engine Optimization’.